Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
HSE Library Information Skills Training
Our online training sessions include:
- Introduction to the HSE Library
- How to perform a literature search in CINAHL / Medline (basic and advanced sessions)
- Searching the Cochrane Library
- Introduction to Open Access Publishing
- Searching Systematically
- Accessing Leadership, Management and Personal Development Library Resources
- Point of Care Tools to support your Clinical Practice
- HSE Library Resources for Mental Health
Register to attend a training session using our Events Calendar
Contact our Team
Contact a member of the Information Skills Team to request training which is customised to your needs.
We use Cisco Webex to deliver online individual and group training and support.
You can also contact staff in your local Library for help and support on the use of our resources.
Using our Electronic Resources
To access HSELibrary e-resources (e-books, databases, e-journals, tools etc.) you need an 'OpenAthens' account.
If you don't have an account, you can apply for an OpenAthens account online. You will need a valid email address and your HSE employee number.
You can access resources listed on our homepage using your OpenAthens username and password.
Access support Guides to help you to use these resources, including guides on:
National Health Library & Knowledge Service. Health Service Executive. Dr. Steevens' Hospital, Dublin 8. Tel: 01-6352555/8. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org