Point of Care tools are searchable summaries of evidence that clinicians can access quickly and easily to help them make evidence-informed decisions when they need them. They are updated regularly and synthesize all the best and latest evidence on clinical topics to aid with a diagnosis and treatment.
BMJ Best Practice provides fast, easy access to the latest evidence on health conditions.
BMJ Best Practice is openly available to anyone in Ireland, no login details required.
BMJ Best Practice features:
-Detailed overviews of over 1,000 conditions
-Links to BNF drug information, medical guidelines and medical calculators
-Images and procedural videos
-Treatment algorithms and differential diagnosis information
-Educational information for patients
App set up:
1. Go to BMJ Best Practice https://bestpractice.bmj.com/
2. Create a personal account
3. Download the BMJ Best Practice App
4. Log in using your personal account details
UpToDate is a point of care tool provided by Wolters Kluwer Health. It is an evidence-based, doctor-authored clinical decision support resource which clinicians trust to make the right decisions at the actual point-of-care. UpToDate provides topics covering 25 specialties.
We recommend that you set up a personal account to download the UpToDate App and to track your CME.
Clinical Key includes First Consult point of care information, collection of e-journals and e-books. To access this tool, go to the Clinical Key website, select 'First Consult' from the drop-down menu and then perform your search.
If accessing this tool from home, you will need to log in with your OpenAthens credentials.
This tool is also available as an app:
App set up, step-by-step:
1. Go to https://www.clinicalkey.com
2. Click ‘Login’ and look for ‘OpenAthens login’. Login with your OpenAthens username and password
3. If your Hospital name appears in the top right of the screen instead of your own name, select ‘Activate’ to create your personal account
4. Complete form - select 'Register'
5. Download the 'ClinicalKey App', selecting 'Global' and then 'ClinicalKey' from the menus
6. Open the App, scroll down to ‘OpenAthens login’ and enter your OpenAthens username and password to log in
National Health Library & Knowledge Service. Health Service Executive. Dr. Steevens' Hospital, Dublin 8. Tel: 01-6352555/8. Email: email@example.com