Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open Access Awards 2018
HSE Open Access Awards 2018 - Winners
Open Access awards - Criteria for Entry
The research should address an issue relating to health or the health services. It can draw on expertise from the medical, nursing or social care disciplines and include administration or management.
- The research article should be peer reviewed and published in the previous 24 months.
- It should be available in full text in Open Access.
- Authors should be willing to have the article added to Lenus the Irish Health Research Repository if not already added.
The entries will be assessed by a panel of expert judges with research experience. Some of the criteria they will assess entries on are;
- The aim and ability of the research to inspire progress or fundamental change the understanding of an important issue
- How research addresses a health question/problem of national or local significance
- How the research improves collective understanding of a health question/problem
The Open Access Awards are awarded in the eight categories listed below. When submitting your entry select the category for which it is to be considered.
- Mental Health
- Acute Hospitals
- Primary Care
- Social Care
- Health and Well Being
- Quality Improvement
- National Cancer Control Programme
- Clinical Strategy & Programmes
National Health Library & Knowledge Service. Health Service Executive. Dr. Steevens' Hospital, Dublin 8. Tel: 01-6352555/8. Email: email@example.com